Each year, National PTA's Reflections art competition program engages over 300,000 students and families by encouraging students to explore their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works.
This year's theme is I Will Change the World By...
Get your young IVE artist working on their next masterpiece! Each student may submit up to one entry per category. IVE is participating in all six categories this year.
- Literature: works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Music Composition: original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography: color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts: drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework & leather tooling.
- Film/Video: original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Choreography/Dance: originally choreographed dance composition.
Visit https://www.wastatepta.org/events-programs/reflections/ to learn more about the art categories and associated rules under the section "Student Entry Rules." Please use the pre-populated entry form for IVE (English / Spanish) for your entry. All entries must be electronically submitted this year, so for physical artwork please send photo(s) or files depending on the category. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
All entries are due to email@example.com no later than Friday October 29, 2021 and must include the entry form (above) and photo or file of artwork. Physical art pieces selected to advance to district competition will be collected after judging is complete.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2020-21 Reflections competition and congratulations to our finalists:
- Akshay K - 2nd grade
- Katelynn A. - 3rd grade
- Elena A. - 5th grade
- Hannah A. - 1st grade
Note: Below is a YouTube link. YouTube will select additional videos when this video ends based on your computer search history. IVE PTA has no control over these recommendations.
For more ideas you can also look at last year's National PTA reflections awards at the following link: https://www.pta.org/home/programs/reflections/awards
All PTA events subject to Covid-19 guidelines and ISD approvals. Check back here for latest info near event date.
- Friday, October 29
- Wednesday, November 3
- Wednesday, November 10
- Thursday, November 11
- Wednesday, November 17
- Thursday, November 25
- Friday, November 26
- Wednesday, December 1