Each year, National PTA's Reflections art competition program engages over 300,000 students and families by encouraging students to explore their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works.
This year's theme is Show Your Voice!
Entries are due November 2, 2022. See below for details.
Download the entry form here.
Want to participate?
Get your young IVE artist working on their next masterpiece! Each student may submit up to one entry per category. IVE is participating in all six categories this year.
- Literature: works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Music Composition: original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography: color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts: drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework & leather tooling.
- Film/Video: original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Choreography/Dance: originally choreographed dance composition.
Visit https://www.wastatepta.org/events-programs/reflections/ to learn more about the art categories and associated rules under the section "Student Entry Rules." Please review the student packet for how to enter. Category Criteria & Student Packet.
If you are submitting physical artwork, please bring it to school on November 1st or 2nd, 2022. We will be collecting it at the front office before school starts. If you are submitting electronic entries (film/video, choreography/dance), please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. All participants need to submit a signed entry form. Please use the pre-populated entry form for IVE (IVE Entry Form). Hard copies of the entry form are on the PTA shelf near the front office. Please email email@example.com with any questions about submitting the art work.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2020-21 Reflections competition and congratulations to our finalists:
- Akshay K - 2nd grade
- Katelynn A. - 3rd grade
- Elena A. - 5th grade
- Hannah A. - 1st grade
Note: Below is a YouTube link. YouTube will select additional videos when this video ends based on your computer search history. IVE PTA has no control over these recommendations.
For more ideas you can also look at last year's National PTA reflections awards at the following link: https://www.pta.org/home/programs/reflections/awards
Check back here for latest info near event date.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of our PTA?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information!